Welcome to our resources section. We have provided a directory of resources that may be helpful to those needing help and to those that have already benefited from our services. I hope you're able to find what you need!!
National Do Not Call List
Want more privacy? Find out how you can prevent telemarketers from calling your home.
Credit Card Interest Calculator
- Bankrate Credit Calculator - This calculator will show you the true cost of not paying off your credit cards in FULL each month. The amount of interest you could pay over the years can be STAGGERING!
- Credit Card Payoff Calculator - How long will it take to pay off my credit card? A simple credit card interest calculator provided by the U.S. Federal Reserve.
- Homeownership Calculators - Should I buy or rent a own home?
Credit Reports & Repair Services
Best Credit Reports
- www.annualcreditreport.com - This is the ONLY TRULY FREE way of obtaining on on-line credit report. We highly recommend obtaining your Transunion credit report from this site. You are allowed 1 FREE credit report from each of the 3 bureaus per year. Make sure your obtain your Transunion report as we've found it to generally be the most accurate of the 3 and it's the only bureau that reports full account numbers -which is needed for enrollment in a debt assistance program.
- www.mycreditkeeper.com - this site provides a free trial period which allows you to obtain a credit report showing all accounts on all 3 bureaus and it provides your actual credit scores. *it will require a credit card, for the sake of charging you a $10 monthly fee if you don't cancel the service within the first 30 days - if you do cancel within 30 days your card will not be charged and they make it relatively easy to cancel! *Recomended if you have already aquired your free annual credit report through www.annualcreditreport.com*
Credit Repair Services
- Creditmac.com - a division of the, 25 year old non-profit, Dove Foundation, that specializes in credit restoration. Highly recomended for upfront, honest and affordable service.
- www.lexingtonlaw.com - They are a large network of attorney's. They are large and service a very large volume of customers - their service may not be the most personal but they are VERY inexpensive, good at what they do and you should definitely will see some results! You may have to give it a number of months for more serious credit problems and they recommend that you stay in the program 6 to 12 months. It may very well take 6 to 12 months but this is a very small price to pay in order to repair your credit. *Ask a HOPE counselor and we'd be happy to have a paralegal give you a call.
Child CareEIC (Earned Income Credit) Advanced Payments
Phone: (800) 829-1040 Website: www.irs.gov
United WayWIC (Woman, Infants and Children)
This agency offers many community related programs and services.
Phone: (703) 836-7112
This organization provides assistance with food, nutrition, education and referrals to health, welfare and social service agencies.
Phone: For the phone number in your state, please visit: http://www.fns.usda.gov/wic/Contacts/tollfreenumbers.htm
Consumer Issues2-1-1 Information and Referral Search
Call 2-1-1 for free, confidential information if you need help with food, housing, employment, health care, counseling and more.
Website: For the 2-1-1 information resource in your area, please visit www.211.org/
This resources offers consumer financial related information included calculators, rates etc.
Phone: (561) 630-2400
Credit Reporting AgenciesEquifax
Phone: To request your credit report by phone, please call: (877) 322-8228 .
Phone: To order your credit report and credit score, please call: (888) 397-3742 .
Phone: For a free annual TransUnion credit report, please call: (800) 888-4213
FTC-Federal Trade Commission800-908-4490
Resources to assist you with creditor harassment, identity theft and fraud.
Phone: (877) 382-4357
Telephone Assistance for Individuals who believe they may be a victim of identity theft.
(Automated and live assistance)
Identity Theft Resource Center
Victims of identity theft can find consumer support as well as public education on this
Phone: (888) 400-5530
Phone: (888) OUR-AARP
Phone: (800) MEDICARE
Phone: (800) 772-1213
U.S. Department of Labor
Government operated website supplies information including statistics on unemployment
benefits, insurance, locating a job, etc.
Phone: (877) US-2JOBS
Help/Prevention ProgramsAlcoholics Anonymous
Phone: (212) 870-3400
Phone: (213) 386-8789
Phone: (818) 773-9999
National Abuse Hotline
Information on shelters, privacy issues, legal advocates and medical help.
National Suicide Hotline
Providing hope and emergency assistance to those who need it.
Phone: (800) SUICIDE, (800) 273-TALK,
SCORE – Service Corps of Retired Executives:
Interested in starting a small business? Check out SCORE for facts and resources.
Phone: (800) 634-0245
MedicalAmerican Diabetic Foundation
Your source for free medical supplies teachers and social workers can use.
Phone: (800) 254-4667
If you’re a senior citizen, you’ll discover assistance in finding state programs.
National Institute of Mental Health:
Phone: (866) 615-6464
If you need help obtaining prescriptions, you’ll find the resources including programs on how to get free or discounted prescriptions.
Pharmaceutical Research & Manufacturers of America
Provides consumers with a free directory of drug assistance programs.
MortgagesConsumer Insurance Guide
Answers common questions about home insurance coverage.
This resource covers approved lenders, defaulted loans, etc.
Phone: (800) 732-6643
Provides information on how to obtain help for federal mortgage loans.
Phone: Please see our website for phone numbers in your area.
Need to rent a home or have an extra room at your home you’d like to rent? Information and forms are available. See this website for details.
Phone: (877) 389-0141
HUD: (Housing and Urban Development)
Provides information on HUD housing and section 8.
Phone: (202) 708-1112
Includes mortgage calculators to determine how much home you can afford and what your payments will be.
National Reverse Mortgage Lenders Association:
Includes a list of lenders who handle reverse mortgages.
Phone: (202) 939-1760
Student Loan Information and Assistance
Academic Management Services
For parents interested in sending their children to private schools, this valuable resource
provides interest free payment plans and loans.
Phone: (888) 2-SALLIE
This site covers how parents can qualify to borrow for private school tuition.
Phone: (800) WACHOVIA
Federal Student Aid Information Center
Students can find information on federal loans, financial aid and grants.
Phone: (800) 4-FED-AID
Higher Education Student Assistance Authority (HESAA)
Answers questions regarding student loan repayment and default prevention.
Helps students find the servicing center and status of their federal loans.
Phone: (800) 792-8670
Provides transcripts and helps locate who administers a student loan.
Phone: (703) 742-4200
U.S. Department of Education
There are several options for students who need loans. Explore the information provided here
for loans programs.
Phone: (800) USA-LEARN
Utility Help Programs
Families below certain income levels can qualify for the federal Low Income Home Energy
Phone: (866) 674-6327
HUD Veteran Resource Center
Information and resources on HUD's community-based programs and services.
Website: HUD Veteran Resource Center
U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
Healthcare and federal benefits website for veterans and their dependents.
Phone: (800) 827-1000
Veterans Education Benefits
Phone: (800) USA-LEARN
Important Professional Studies Pertinent To Certain Economic And Debt Relief Topics
Economic Factors and the Debt Management Industry - Authored by:
Richard A. Briesch, PhD
Cox School of Business
Southern Methodist University
August 6, 2009
NERA Economic Consulting, analyzes the effect credit negotiation services are likely to have on creditworthiness after and individual completes the negotiation program. - Authored by:
National Economic Research Associates, Inc.
1166 Avenue of the Americas
New York, New York 10036
For any other information you can always contact a HOPE Counselor @ 1(888) 900-6377